Tuesday, February 06, 2007

RacketMaster...

Check this out. I'm planning "The Ultimate DJT" (which stands for Daddy Jackson Times). Monster Jam seems like a perfect event. So I went to buy 2 tickets to Monster Jam for my son and me. Ticketmaster is the only way to get the tickets without driving to the arena in Baltimore. The tickets are reasonably priced though. $20 for me, and $5 for the boy.

But wait! Don't forget about the following fees:

Convenience charge x 2, building facility and order processing. All together making my $25 cost $40! That's over 60% increase!

Three words: For...Get...It.


Just for the principle of the thing, I'll drive to Baltimore and get tickets at the Box Office. I still pay a $2 building facility fee there (give me a break), but at it's not $15.

7 comments:

Emily said...

It's funny, I was watching TV and a monster truck commercial came on. I told KC we should take Jack to one of those sometime. Let us know how it goes.

Lili and Jeff said...

Stupid internet service charges! LAME!!! It is like on Strong Bad! Sunday, SUNDAY, SOMEDAY!

Also, i switched my blogger hosting, so now I am http://lililou11.blogspot.com/

Amber said...

Who are they kidding? The nerve of some people trying to nickel and dime us to death! That does, however, sound like the perfect DJT!

Cami said...

Sounds awesome, except the charges. I usually say for get it pretty much for everything, but way to go sticking it to the man by driving up there! Good job.

Janice Graham said...

What a great idea for DJT. Jack will be blown away.

Corinne said...

Funny you should post about this. I was recently going to buy tickets to see Annie at the Hippodrome with Sheely and two $25 dollar tickets turned into $88 at checkout. I about choked. No Annie for us!!

Matt said...

Corinne: I hear that. I'm rolling up there this weekend to buy tickets. I'm not sure where the hippodrome is, but if you want I can pick up some Annie ticks for you.