Monday, August 14, 2006

Monopoly skills prevalent in sister...game ends badly...

My Sister and I played a full game of 1-on-1 Monopoly Sunday. Below you will see the board a few minutes before the game ended.

Notice highlights of her holdings in BLUE
Notice highlights of my holdings in RED



Notice that she owns every property, has 13 hotels, numerous bills of all sizes, three houses, and a 5 year old on her side (see feet.)

Notice that I own only a "Get out of Jail Free" card.

Needless to say, I had little bargaining power when I needed to pay over $1000 in rent on my next move.

Where did I go wrong, you ask? I traded Boardwalk for 3 railroads. This may be a great strategy when playing with 3 or more players, but in 1-on-1 monopoly play, it's tantemount to monopocide.

We have plans to meet for a rematch this weekend, but this time with 3-5 players. THIS time the railroads WILL be key.

Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Lili and Jeff said...

I am excited for that re-match Mattie... Though, more players.. more money... I am totally up for it. Besides, you can have the railroads. With more players and a hotel on Boardwalk? I could have over $2000 every other turn! Mwahahah. It shall be quite glorious.

I should say too much. I am totally jinxing myself. You are probably going to kill me...

bitchey said...

I am impressed that you still call each other family. I had to give up on games such as Monopoly and Risk. Apparently I am the person people say 'its just a game' to.

When I land on someones property, and I owe them $1000, heck if I owe them $10, I wan to punch them in the face, pick up the board and throw the peices everywhere look down at them whilst I walk away and say 'SEE'.

Perhaps this is why I suceed at halo, and other video games. When I get defeated, I have the opportunity to respawn, and shoot them in the face.

Always and forever, Travie