Thursday, August 24, 2006

Friggin Microsoft Restart Crap...

I should be used to this nonsence by now.

"You have pressed the space bar. Please restart for this change to take effect."

/me rolls eyes.

Today, about 10 minutes after logging into my laptop at work, I got this notice:


Do you want to restart your computer now? Yes, or Yes?

Oh, you don't want to restart? Well, that's ok, but this window will stay on top of all of your other windows unti you click it.

Instead of "Restart now", it could say something like "Sucker. We've got you right where we want you."

What would happen if I didn't restart? Really....probably nothing. Give me a break Microlame.
/me counts down the days when he can switch to GNU/Linux at work.


2 comments:

Lili and Jeff said...

OMG, I have been there before, Mattie. Why oh why would the computer feel the need to do that? It is the age where computer are taking over the world!!! Like on Space Odesey 2001. "Hal, open the door.." "Daisy, Daisy..." and so on and so forth...The stupid computers at my high school would do that right in the last five minutes of finishing up our final pages on the school newspaper, except it would do a 4 minute countdown, and you had that time to save everything before it shut down... I hate that ever so badly. I am actually pretty mad at computers right now. Why have they wronged me so? So many viruses, so many stupid anti-virus software that doesn work...

Matt said...

Don't worry. I'll bring my gear and we'll reinstall that thing.