Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Area hero saves dog...

Not the best photo, I know.  I took it this morning from my car, stalker style.  I even got a few looks from passers-by, which was awesome.  I'm posting this via email as well, to see how it works.

I was scooting to work the other day and I saw this dog walking on the freeway overpass in American Fork.  I thought "That dude is in the wrong place."  I swung around and caught up to him, and he seemed really glad to see me.  Ran right up to me and huddled close.  After calling the Humane Society and giving them the tag number, I got the owners phone number.  I called, and they came to retrieve their dog.  They were relieved to have found him.  To quote Gordon (the owner):  "We're retired, and he's all we have left."   He described where they lived, so I was able to drive over there this morning and find it (again...stalker style.)  There was my little dog buddy hanging out. 

I've never liked dogs really, but this experience has softened me a bit.  Maybe I won't hate it if Blackson has a dog after all. 

3 comments:

melody said...

A heart-warming story. Love Gordon's quote. Glad the dog made it home safely, thanks to you!

Cami said...

Awww. That's great. But dogs are like other people's babies. It's fun to hang out with them for a while, but when you go home, you're glad they're not your responsibility anymore. So I think you're good with saving one.

Drew said...

That is an amazing story. They should do a news feature about you.