Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Woot-off tonight at woot.com

POST WOOT-OFF EDIT:

I watched the woot-off closely for most of the nearly 48 hours it lasted.

I did buy a few thing, and it was fun to watch. But after a while, it started to get depressing. The users on Woot.com started to seem emotionally spent and were acting so disrespectful for each other and to woot.com. I felt like I was in the orphanage in Oliver...everyone out for himself, begging for food and taking advantage of others whenever possible.

The environment degraded fun to hostile...and that's when I started to check out. Maybe it was too long. Maybe people care too much about the rediculous "Bag of Crap." I mean, it would be fun to get one...but people get rediculously MAAAAAD when they don't...or when others do. Please. It's nothing.

I'm cured from woot.com obsession.


---------------------------------------------


There will be a woot-off tonight (10/11/2006). I can fell it. Check woot.com at Midnight CST.

This, from their newsletter today:

"OK, we're gonna let you go now, because we've got lots of product to write about before Thursday. Thanks for reading this far - hope you got plenty of sleep last night..."

Fun times.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I guess I would consider myself a semi-wooter since I always just look and never buy. Woot-offs are fun but I can never bring myself to buy anything, especially for the sake of continuing the woot-off. I can't believe some of the addicts that stay up all night. Crazy.