Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I don't even know what they're singing about.....

So, I setup a slide show for KC's birthday party. I used some Hawaiian music for the soundtrack. One of the songs has wedged it's way into my soul forever. I love it...it takes me to a different state of mind, relaxing me. It's by "Hui Ohana" and is called "Sweet Lei Mokihana".

You can listen to it here.


It's part of this balanced weblog post.

#103. Once I engineered a slideshow for my Brother in law, and the music from it changed my life.

7 comments:

Corinne said...

hey - i REALLY like that song. nice job.

Cami said...

That's some pretty high falsetto! That song was etched into my subconscious as well!

Unknown said...

sweet, pretty song. I wonder what they're saying. Always have liked the Hawaiian harmony.

Unknown said...

There ya go. Words in Hawaiian and English.

Sweet Lei Mokihana - by George Huddy

Sweet lei mokihana
Auhea `oe
Ku`u lei nani `oe
Poina `ole

Ka ehu o ke kai
A`o Haena
Lauae o Makana
O Namolokama

Ho`ohihi ka mana`o
Ia Hanalei
Hanohano no `oe
He nani maoli no

Ha`ina `ia mai
Ana ka puana
Sweet lei mokihana
Poina `ole



Sweet lei mokihana
Pay attention
My beautiful lei
You are unforgettable

The sea spray
Of Haena
The sweet lauae fern of Makana
Of Namolokama

Enraptured with the thoughts
Of Hanalei
You are distinguished
With true beauty

Tell the
Refrain of
Sweet lei mokihana
Unforgettable

Matt said...

Thanks for the lyrics pop. I like the song even more now. It's a nice poem.

Amber said...

I almost wet my pants when I read 103! You are one of my top 10 favorite funny people!

Lili and Jeff said...

Awesome mattie. we also laugh our heads off when you add additional numbers to your 1oo. Haha!