Thursday, November 30, 2006

Pettebone Farm - V 2

Thanks to everyone who gave advise about my photos, on and off-line. I took it from a wider angle from the fence, lowered the ISO setting to get more color depth, and did some more post-processing. I had to wait a few days to get the weather right, but a few shoots later I came up with one that I thought was an improvement.



I'd like to get this picture right, so please...any comments or suggestions are welcome! I'll take them positive, negative, neutral, straight up, round about, rhyming or even in the style of Dr. Seuss.

More from this shoot here.

7 comments:

JPS said...

I think that this photo is at the perfect distance from the farmhouse and the fence.

To make it more pleasing to my eye I would take a few steps to the [left] and make the barn/farm building a little closer.

That's my take on the whole thing...

JPS said...

I think that this photo is at the perfect distance from the farmhouse and the fence.

If you want my take on the whole thing; take a step to your [left] and make the farmish barn a little bigger.

That's what I think would make it even more pleasing to the eye...

Cami said...

I think this one is way awesome! I really like that you can see the rolling of the land a little more from this angle (that fence!), and the light on the tree is really great. The only thing I'd say is that my eye really was drawn to the tree and not the barn. I guess maybe what Josh says will fix that, if you wanted to focus on the barn a little bit more. But that sky is awesome!

Lili and Jeff said...

I like this one the best, because it really lines up with the eye line and the rule of thirds and things. Your eyes go right to where they are supposed to, and the sky just compliments it. The clouds are perfect for this picture as well. I like this one best.

Anonymous said...

This photo is breathtaking. I thought is was a painting. This is from Mom.

JonDgar said...

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.
You're on your own,
and you know what you know.
And you are the one
who'll decide where you'll go.
Oh the places you'll photo...

It's Dr Seuss! Really!

Anonymous said...

I like how the barn has a little partner.

That made me laugh for about five minutes.