Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Tiny Fuse...Huge Problem.

Installing this fuse took me 20 hours.

Last night around 8pm, I tried to install a new thermostat. Every time I think I know what I'm doing...I realize that I have a lot to learn.

After the first few hours, my wife finally found an obscure blurb in the troubleshooting section of the thermostat companies website that told us that our particular AC unit might not be supported by this digital thermostat.

So, I tried to put on the old one. No good. No power and no cold air coming out. :(

The next day, I went to buy the "supported" thermostat. After following the install instructions, I found that it didn't work either. I spend the rest of the next day talking to service guys, guying fuses and replacing peices. In the end, it was this tiny fuse. It took me 5 stores to find someone to sold these little fuses.

I can't tell you how awesome it was to hear that fan kick on once I got this thin installed, and the new thermostat wired correctly.

Phew.

1 comment:

Lili and Jeff said...

Holy cow, the pain and suffering involved in getting some cold air! I am glad you fixed that, and all for just some silly fuse! Yeesh. I bet Cortnie is grateful!