Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The Hog: My new Ride... (OMX-600)

I bought some new wheels. Check them out, in all their glory.
















Behold the Omni OMX-600

It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.

After a few weeks riding it, I can say that it's fun and cheap. I filled up the 1.3 Gallon tank yesterday and did some calculations. So far, I'm getting about 102 miles per gallon. That's about 5 times what I get car or truck. A few more calculations later, I figure we'll save about $40-$50 per month by driving the scooter to and from work.

I usually go anywhere between 30 and 40 miles per hour, with an occasional 45 if I'm going straight down a 90 degree cliff. I'd say my average speed is probably 35. I take the back roads (mostly) to work, so I don't have to deal with much traffic.

I wear a helmet and a reflect/day-glow orange vest for safety. People seem to respect that.

Here are a few more pictures, as well as some specs from the dealers website:











A profile shot.


The boy and the hog.











The Helm. (I added the clock. Ya...Pimp my scooter material. )



Model # OMX-600
Colors: Candy Apple Red, Raven Black
Engine: 49.5cc 2 stroke
Economy: Up to 125 mpg
Starter: Electric with Kick Lever Backup
Top Speed: 45 mph (75 Kmph)
Safety: Mirrors, Reflectors, Brake lights, Turn Signal Lights, Head Lights
Anti Theft: Keyed Ignition, Steering Lock, VIN, 2 Locked Storage Compartments
Fuel Tank: 5.0 liters
Gauges: Speedometer, Odometer, and Fuel Level
Weight: 180 lbs. (82 kg)
Maximum Load: 250 lbs. (113 kg)
Tires: 10 x 3.50 front and rear 4 Ply Rated
Brakes: Drum brakes front and rear
Wheelbase: 47.25 inches (1200 mm)
Suspension: Telescopic Front Forks / Rear Mono Shock

Anyone else drive a scooter? Drop me a line.

3 comments:

Lili and Jeff said...

OMG, I want one of those so bad. Believe me, if I had the means, and could convince daddio to let me drive it, then I would totally buy one. *Is jealous* I need to go for a ride on that one of these days!

Barry Moyer said...

Would like to know what your long term experience
with your Omni OMX 600 has been. I have reason to believe you've had carburator problems. Please
share your history with this scooter. Thanks.

Unknown said...

I just picked one up for free where do I find parts, to just rebuild it and make it run better.