Sunday, September 30, 2007

My Jax in the Mire...

This is funny. At least to me.

I was outside today in the garage, tooling around. My be-socked 7 year old hopped on his industrial-sized tricycle, and headed out. He never goes far, and we have a nice walking trail right next to our house that he likes to ride on.

After about 5 minutes, I realized that I couldn't hear him. Not too worried but wanting to make sure he didn't fall off and re-injure his mending bone, I hopped on my scooter and went looking. I didn't have to look far. Here are some shots. He thought I was going to be mad. I was proud. Note the pirate slippers at the end.



There he was. Spinning his wheels in the deep mud behind out house. Not making a sound. Stuck.


Another view. Stranded. I left him there and went to get equipment, and the camera.



The rescue. A hook and rope.


Towing him back home.


Back on green grass. Now for the mess.


No problem.

9 comments:

Amber said...

You are such a fun Dad. Who gets a chain and pulls the kid out! Jack IS very cleanly. He even offered to join in on the Saturday jobs I was passing out yesterday. Thanks Jack!

Cami said...

I love how he just sat there trying to work it out. Yes, I'm in the mud, but I WILL get out. . .

melody said...

I love that Jack! Great story and great post. You guys are awesome and we love that you live here.

Jonny said...

Too fun! That was the best way to go about that, you had fun yourself. Your scoot scoot must have a ton of horse power.

I always tell Melody that I want to hook one of those baby trailer things made for bikes, onto the back of the scoot. Only problem... exhaust, but that would keep the kid quiet... right?

Unknown said...

Good for Jack for being an explorer. Good for you for being his rescuer.

Lili and Jeff said...

Haha! A scooter to pull out his bike! That is awesome. That IS a hefty duty trike he has there!

scott said...

Hey Matt. Your Dad suggested that I would get more comments on my blog if I made more on the many other family blogs. I have been looking at some of them and I am overwhelmed by the complexity, color, photos etc. I guess I am in the generation that missed growing up with computers. Its a great way to communicate. Your blog is the best but it will take some time to look through it all. Congratulations.

JPS said...

This is funny to me too mattman... I think it should be funny to everyone, at least everyone who has a son and who likes to play with them.

I think I'm going to make a website for Addison too. Thanks for the idea(s)...

Janice Graham said...

An adventure! I love the creative ways you problem-solve.