Saturday, August 18, 2007

The Blue Couch...

It seems mom has had a clue couch for as long as I can remember. While we were in Utah, the replaced the blue basement sectional with a new one. The old one needed to go from the basement to the attic. It was left to Jonny, Dad and Me to move it up there.

Here is a picture from the adventure. Once we got it lined up with the attic door, It juuuuust fit. It went through like jello coming through a mold, and made about the same sounds. "FFffffffffffump"

Here is a shot of it JUST as it went through. Look at the top left. That's Jonny's hand poking out. I'm still amazed that it fit.

It was funny...but maybe you had to be there? Jonny, Dad, was it funny?

6 comments:

melody said...

Hey, I was there but I didn't get to witness the perfect fit. I guess I missed out big time.

Amber said...

Yikes, I can't believe it fit! Have you seen that Friends episode when what's his name gets a new couch and they are trying to take it up the stairs. He keeps saying "PIVOT" and at the end they show him trying to take the couch back. It is cut in half and he says "I'm not happy with this couch because it is in half and I want to return it" anyway it reminded me of that. I don't watch too much Friends, but that one was so funny to me!

Unknown said...

Oh man, that made me laugh. I found your blog via a like interest in Mormons, but the post was humorous and the picture took it straight to hysterical.

Jonny said...

quite right quite right, loads of fun. my hand looks creepy in that pic. Anywho, it always feels good to do some heavy lifting and figure out how to make things work.

Lili and Jeff said...

That is fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. I am still a little bit sad that the couch isn't in the basement any more. I loved sleeping on that couch so much. And it is funny, mom HAS always had some form of Blue couch. Perhaps the match the blue dishes motif. See you ever so soon!

Unknown said...

Yeah, it was fun, but that thing ain't ever coming down, if you know what I mean. Except if it comes down in pieces. Pretty amazing that it went up, for sure.