Wednesday, June 20, 2007

My First Gig... Drum Corps in Annapolis

So I shot my first paid photography gig last weekend. A Drum Corps International competition in Annapolis, MD. Getting on the field was a long time in the making, but very rewarding. Jolesch Photography owns all the shots, so I can't post them here, but you can view them on their site here:

Jolesch DCI Action Photos - Annapolis MD - June 16 2007

I gotta say...it was memorable. I'm as passionate a fan of Drum Corps as most dudes are about Football or other sports. So, being on the field with some of my favorite Corps, including the 2006 World Champion Cavaliers was a thrill, to say the least. I thought it was loud from the stands! It was an outstanding experience.

I thought they would be a bit more discriminating on which shots they put up on their site, and which they left out, but no...they put them all up. So, even though there are some poor shots there, I'm generally happy with how they came out.

I have two more DCI shows to shoot this month. One of them is at the NY Giants football stadium in New Jersey. That should be exciting.

3 comments:

Cami said...

Way cool! You got some really great shots. Great job. I'm glad you get to take pics of your favorite thing. That's awesome.

melody said...

Awesome pictures. What a super cool job. I bet you just love it. Have fun!

Lili and Jeff said...

Looks awesome. That sounds like the perfect thing to do! The pictures look brill as well.