Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Reclaim your MP3 collection...

I recently acquired an ipod. From where? it's a long story that I'll add sometime. The ipod is large enough to fit all (and I mean ALL) of my mp3's that i've ripped and collected over the years. But as I started adding them to my ipod, I found a mess!

First, to use the ipod, you just about have to use iTunes. To be frank, iTunes is a steaming pile of code manure. If you ask any mac zealot, they'll fist-fight you for saying something like that. As a mac-type and they'll have you believe that ANYthing that goes wrong with an ipod or itunes is YOUR fault and not the fault of perfectly designed and executed software.

Give...me...a...break. iTunes is fine if you buy every song from the apple store...if not, brace yourself.

So, I started looking for programs that would let me edit my ID3 tags, which were a disaster. Editing them with iTunes takes forEVER and it doesn't support looking up info and art on the web. With thousands of files? Forgetaboutit.

There are a lot of programs to edit this type of info, but many come up short. One program that I found does a great job. It's called MediaMonkey. It automatically downloads the album into as well as download album art. And it's FAST! Try it out!

No comments: